Artist Kim Gordon has a passion for exploring the creative potential of textiles. At her recent sold-out exhibition, visitors were captivated by the richness and intensity of colours and lines created by sewing fabric and threads to canvas.
Kim will be sharing her expertise with you over the course of a three-day workshop where you will create your own textile rock pool.
Day 1 – Fabric Dyeing
Basic Shibori (Japanese technique) and multi-coloured dyeing.
Day 2 – Composition and studio time
Translating images into a sumptuous array of fabric and thread.
Day 3 – Machine Embroidery
Master adding texture, stretching final work on a frame.
Skill Level: A good knowledge of your sewing machine.
- Your sewing machine, free motion embroidery foot, quilting or embroidery needles
- Threads of different colours
- Scraps of material (natural colours, prints and/or plain to share)
- Pictures of rock pools for inspiration
- Scissors for paper and cloth
- 2 metres of white or cream material (calico)
Contact Stephanie Mew on 0427 817852 or email@example.com for more details.
- Where: Mallacoota Arts Space, 66 Maurice Avenue, Mallacoota 3892
- When: 10am-4pm (with an hour break for lunch), Friday 29, Saturday 30 September and Sunday 1 October 2017
- Cost: $210 plus $20 materials fee