Mallacoota Arts Council is pleased to present the final Café Culture performance for 2019.
Dr Hernández play an exotic tonic of rootsy electro-cumbia, boogaloo & funky reggae. Bringing a new twist to these traditions, the band combines electronic beats & Hammond-infused grooves with a three-piece horn section, percussion and Sally Ford’s soaring Spanish vocals. This is music for dancing, listening or just lounging.
Guaranteed to be good for whatever ails you.
The Café Culture Series is supported by Creative Victoria and Just Shows to Go.
- Where: Mallacoota Mudbrick Pavilion
- When: 5.00pm Sunday 10 November 2019
- Cost: Individual show tickets: Mallacoota Arts Council Members $23; Concession $23; Pre-Sales $25; at the door $28
- Tickets: from MA space or Mallacoota Community Op Shop
- Bookings: Phone 0422988890 or email email@example.com
And that’s not all. A free workshop is offered, prior to the show, at 2.00pm
LA CLINICA An Afro-Cuban Jam Session provides a hands-on workshop utilising Latin Percussion and group vocals to explore some of the threads that make up Afro-Cuban music. This is a great way for audiences to connect directly with Afro-Cuban music and to participate in an exhilarating performance experience, age range of 14 years+. The band will provide a selection of hand percussion instruments and everyone gets to sing and move!
Bookings for the workshop are essential and numbers are restricted to 25 participants.